THE Victorian Government has announced the completion of Caroline Springs Station in Melbourne's west, which opens this week and will be serviced by more than 280 services a week, including trains every 30 minutes on average in the peak, and every hour on average in the off-peak.
The new V/Line station is on the Ballarat line, between the existing Deer Park and Rockbank stations, and will service the residents of Burnside, Caroline Springs, Plumpton and other surrounding suburbs with up to 1,500 commuters expected each day.
The station includes the following features and facilities:
- A centre island platform;
- Undercover waiting areas;
- Bus bays and a taxi rank;
- 350 car parking spaces;
- Drop-off zones;
- Closed circuit camera security surveillance (CCTV);
- Pedestrian and bicycle access, with a secure bike cage; and
- Facilities for Protective Services Officers and customer service staff.
Bus services have also been upgraded, with Route 460 extended from the town centre to the new station.
The new station will give the residents of Burnside, Caroline Springs, Plumpton and other surrounding suburbs access to a train station with modern, safe and comfortable features. The station is estimated to be used by 1500 commuters per day.