THE Victorian Government last week said that professionals bringing a wide range of skills and years of expertise to oversee Victoria's growing pipeline of major infrastructure projects have been appointed to the Advisory Board of the Office of Projects Victoria (OPV).
In a statement, Treasurer Tim Pallas said their in-depth knowledge in a range of fields including civil works and building construction, infrastructure policy, legal and architectural expertise, and government process will provide expert oversight for the state's infrastructure pipeline.
Led by infrastructure expert Ken Mathers, the Board is comprised of
- Peter Duncan, former CEO, Roads and Maritime Services, NSW;
- Shelley Penn, Manager, Design and Capital Works, City of Melbourne;
- David Saxelby, former President of Australian Contractors Association;
- David Galbally, Partner, Madgwicks Lawyers;
- Carolyn Viney, former Chief Executive Officer, Grocon Pty Ltd;
- Bill Kusznirczuk, Acting Chairman, Victorian Planning Authority; and
- Cressida Wall, Director, Interface Property Group Ltd.
The OPV will provide oversight on cost, scope and technical matters, as well as monitor major projects and advise on potential interventions.