THE South Australian Government has called for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from interested parties wishing to participate in the development and revitalisation of Adelaide's Riverbank precinct.
Infrastructure Minister Patrick Conlon said the project will transform the Riverbank precinct into an easily accessible entertainment and social hub which is memorable, vibrant and ultimately South Australian.
"We are calling on interested parties to put forward their unique and innovative ideas which will truly bring the banks of the River Torrens to life," he said.
"Over the past two years, the Riverbank Precinct has been the focus of a number of major development proposals which are either in the delivery stage or proposed," the Minister said.
Mr Conlon added that there is a lot of work happening in the precinct, including the Adelaide Oval redevelopment and expansion of the Adelaide Convention Centre.
A draft master plan, released last year, identified six key destinations that offer significant creative and public interest and outlined 11 guiding principles to provide direction and act as a reference point for future development of the Riverbank.
"There is a wealth of potential within the precinct, in particular, the idea of a Festival Square featuring cafes, restaurants and commercial buildings, which will prove to be a popular place for the community to come together," Mr Conlon said.
"I am excited to see what exciting and inventive submissions are put forward as part of this EOI."
Interested parties are required to submit an Expression of Interest form together with the supporting information which will be used in the evaluation of the EOI submissions. Expressions of Interest must be submitted by 2.00pm on Thursday, 23 February 2012.
More information on Adelaide's Riverbank precinct project can be found at <http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/adelaide_riverbank_precinct>.