Welcome to Urbanalyst!
Urbanalyst is an independent, Australian-based source of planning, development and transport news, analysis and resources. Created in early 2009, Urbanalyst is a vital source of information for planners, developers and anyone with an interest in planning, development and transport.
Responding to a lack of Australian-based coverage yet increasing community concern and awareness of planning, development and transport, Urbanalyst aims to provide dedicated and comprehensive coverage, with news, analysis, commentary, announcements, resources and more.
Please explore our site to find out more about Urbanalyst and to discover the dynamic world of planning, development and transport that exists both in Australia and worldwide.
In order to provide a comprehensive, unique and dedicated source of information, Urbanalyst aims to:
- Provide up-to-date and timely news;
- Provide commentary and overviews of the latest developments relating to the planned and built environment;
- Provide a comprehensive and accurate listing of relevant and quality websites and resources;
- Provide in-depth analysis and essays;
- Educate and connect practitioners and the community;
- Promote discussion and debate of planning and development issues;
- Raise awareness of the challenging, exciting and dynamic sphere that is planning and development.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or queries, please contact us at